Hamlet and King Lear by William Shakespeare

 Produced for audio by Big Finish Productions


If you haven’t heard of Big Finish where have you been ? They produce some of the best audio dramas available, mostly based on well known TV shows - Doctor Who, Space 1999, The Prisoner and more. 


Their Classic range is one of my favourite and it has taken me to spend some quality time with Shakespeare...as BF continue their astonishing adaptations.


Don’t be put off by the Shakespeare lingo...I was so engrossed I nearly found myself waxing lyrical just like a flibbertigibbet.


But I digress...brilliant directing from Messrs Handcock and Edwards...and once again I was lost in the soundscape so brilliantly developed by Neil Gardner, James Dunlop and Howard Carter...you must listen...more effective when it is dark I think


I could go about the performances of Alexander Vlahos as Hamlet and David Warner as Lear and indeed they are superb but...I feel special mention should be made of that BF stalwart Terry Molloy - and of ‘The Archers’ fame - a breathless and indeed breathtaking performance as Polonius in this.


What a radio genius he is and not once was a thinking...ooooo...Davros is good in this...


www.big finish.com for details


Comments