Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz

13th April 2020 - Lockdown Book 3


As I said yesterday I Love Sherlock Holmes, always have...Basil Rathbone, Jeremy Brett, Christopher Plummer...then on my travels round the country acquired the Complete Sherlock Holmes read by a Stephen Fry...simply brilliant.


Somewhere back in time I was given Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz, of Foyle’s War and some brilliant James Bond books, among many others.


A great read, from cover to cover it reads like Conan Doyle was dictating it and with a twist I simply didn’t see coming, seriously, not a clue...some detective I am.


Fascinatingly different as Holmes and Watson aren’t in it as it takes place after the incident at Reichenbach and a body has been found at the bottom of the falls. The story is what happens and who fills the gap when the Napoleon of Crime’s syndicate is devoid of its leader. More graphic that a Conan Doyle but with enough clues to see the twist that comes...except...as I have said...I didn’t...


Did I like it ? My daughter asked....hmmmm...not sure how to reply to that, I would read any of his other Holmesian books if given, subtle hint, and the book was brilliant...but...well...maybe the twist....am just not so sure...but I would recommend as something a bit different to the typical detective stories




Comments