Why a readers’ blog ?

am very lucky and am in a job that meant I wasn’t furloughed but instead had to work remotely since the first lockdown…lockdown 1.0 ?

Anyway…I digress…I was never a big reader but enjoyed certain authors and then when lockdown hit and we knew that ‘Lockdown 2: This time it’s serious’ was on its way, things were not going to change for a while. So since March 2020 I have been reading at least a book a week…and sharing some reviews with friends and family on facebook…other social media are available.

I do it for fun…to pass the time and because I discovered I really enjoy sharing my thoughts. I have discovered I am definitely a fiction fan and my father would turn in his grave to give off to me – he could never be bothered with fiction…and even though there were thousands of books in our house growing up…all of his were factual…a few were poetry.

I grew up loving The Secret Seven but not the Famous Five – their books were too long and then was introduced to the late great Terrance Dicks of Doctor Who novels fame and TV series script writer. 

As I grew up…something I do not recommend…I started reading some non fiction and struggled so went back to fiction – John Grisham, Steven James and Jeffrey Archer and others caught my eye. 

So join me on my journey through some old classics and into some incredible thrillers as I will share a book every three or four days or so until I catch up and then will alternate between an audiobook and the written word.

Reading is fun and in today’s challenging times that can only be good.

Stay safe and look out for each other

Jason

Comments